10 Lazy Girl Beauty Hacks You Can Try Today
I would love to say that most days I look like this……
However, MOST DAYS I don’t…lol I always want to look my best, but truth be told there are times when I feel just a bit lazy. I know I need to follow my normal beauty routine, but dang it I find myself tired or busy and I skip over important things. Being a single mother of two children, running a blog, working full time and doing the million and 8 things that I do throughout the day wears me down. There are times when I don’t want to look at a makeup palette, let alone do my normal 5 step process of cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing and protecting my skin (can you tell I used to sell Mary Kay?..lol). I want to get it done and over with as quickly and lazily as I possibly can. So there are times when I do a few lazy girl beauty hacks that will help me look and feel my best, even when I am running a bit low on time, energy, or feeling lazy. So let me share them with you.
- I keep makeup remover by my bed – I can’t stand going to sleep with makeup on, one because it’s bad for your skin and two because it ruins my pillows. So I always keep makeup remover by my bed for those nights when I am too lazy to go scrub my face.
- I cover grown out nail polish with glitter – Now you know why I always sparkle and shine, secret exposed. There are times when I need a fresh manicure but I just don’t have time, so I slap some glitter polish over the parts that are growing out & just like that I have a fresh manicure.
- Use dry shampoo – Don’t have time to go to the salon, but need a quick fixer upper for your hair. Use dry shampoo and yes they make Dry Shampoo for Ethnic Hair. I personally suggest Evo Water Killer Dry Shampoo, it’s amazing. Using Dry Shampoo is a quick way to clean your hair so that you can spruce it up while you are in between salon appointments.
- Wash your hair and throw it up in a bun WET – When you’ve just washed your hair but you don’t have time to blow dry it or style it, just tie it into a loose, low bun and secure it with a clip. I do this all the time, I let my hair air dry and simply flat iron/style it the next day.
- Invest in facial wipes – There are so many different things they can do for you in just one wipe. You can remove makeup, clean your skin, moisturize your face, open your pores, and more.
- Use lipstick for everything – Seriously, lipstick can be used as blush, eyeshadow and lip color. I learned this trick in high school, although I have a plethora of eyeshadows, sometimes I travel without all of my eye colors. So when I need to match my lipstick with my eyes, I simply apply my lipstick to my eyes and blend it with other eye colors. It’s a quick and easy way to get the look you desire without spending extra money. It works even better if you have the crayon style lip color but any type of lipstick will do in a pinch.
- Fix your brows with clear brow gel – Anyone who knows me, knows that I have an obession with my brows and that well my brows are unruly. So when I am in a hurry and I need to tame them really quickly, I tame them with my favorite brow gel e.l.f. Clear Brow and Lash Mascara Crystal.
- Dip painted nails in ice water to dry – Tired of waiting around for your fresh nails to dry? Just dip them into a bowl of ice water and they will dry faster. You will thank me later :).
- Prevent puffy eyes – Keep your eye lotion in the fridge. Not only does it help combat puffy eyes, it feels super great going on. Another alternative would be to put cucumbers on your eyes, I normally do this when I am just chilling on the couch.
- Use Vaseline to tame flyaways – Use only a tiny bit or it will make your hair greasy but it can really work in a pinch to stop those flyaway hairs.
I just may have exposed to the world how truly lazy I can be, but oh well. These tips work and are just a few lazy girl beauty hacks for when you just don’t have the time to put any more effort into it.
Do you have any Lazy Girl Beauty Hacks to add to this list?